Artwork for Wright’s Biscuits

Artwork for Wrights BiscuitsMabel Lucie Attwell Artwork for Wright’s Biscuits

This is one of the wrapper artworks for Wright’s Biscuits, taken by Turners Photographic of Newcastle.

Wright’s Biscuits was a well known company in South Shields, South Tyneside. Set up as a maker of biscuits, they started out by supplying their stock to ships in 1790, but after a fall in demand, Wright’s turned to making more up-market biscuits. Wright’s Biscuit factory closed in 1973.

Turners was established in Newcastle upon Tyne in the early 1900s. It was originally a chemists shop but in 1938 become a photographic dealer. Turners went on to become a prominent photographic and video production company in the North East of England. They had 3 shops in Newcastle city centre, in Pink Lane, Blackett Street and Eldon Square. Turners photographic business closed in the 1990s.

Image Copyright Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums’

Tags: , ,

Comments are closed.